Keeping up with Technology: Inevitable


Another beautiful Florida weekend. Fun with family and friends. And what a successful Clearance Sale I had on Saturday. It was also my four-year anniversary with Close To My Heart!

Saturday evening, I had the house to myself. (Well, to myself and Suki). Hubby had to work and daughter was at a sleepover, so Suki and I got busy with my Veranda Mini Album video. We got a new Canon FS31 Camcorder (rather than a new computer) and it is so easy to use. I created an 10-minute video for Part 1 of the album tutorial.

I was so proud and happy to have accomplished that! I celebrated with a glass of wine, and then excitedly prepared to transfer the video clips from the camera to my Mac. (iMac G5, six years old, but hanging in there) When I fished out the software CDs from the camera box, I discovered they were labeled for Windows users only. No bother, I went to the web and checked for the online software for Mac users. Canon and Apple have a very good relationship, so I knew there were no worries there.

I get to the appropriate download area of the Canon website and find that in order to use this particular camera, I must have the latest system software and processor. Ugh!! If you have been keeping up with my blog over the past few months, you already know that I have been trying very hard to avoid the expense of purchasing another computer, and thus was so happy when we thought the new camcorder was going to help save that cost.

Now my question is: Do I want to make videos so badly that I will bite the bullet and purchase a new Mac? (Not to mention that if we don't get a new Mac, we won't be able to use ANY videos we take on the new camcorder.) A six-year-old iMac is now considered an antique, sadly, so I know it's just a matter of time anyway. Hubby and I discussed it and have decided that it's time, so I am ordering my new iMac today.

The only downside to this is that it puts my plans of purchasing the iPad 3G on hold for a bit longer.

For those of you who were looking forward to my video tutorial for the Veranda Mini Album, I ask you to please be patient. In the meantime, I will provide visual still-shots of the instructions here on my blog if you were hoping to make the mini album in time for Mother's Day. You can look for that this week.

Thanks for your patience. I enjoyed making the video part 1, so I know there will be many more to come in the near future.


Comments

  1. I just caught up on your blog. Wow! I love it. That little purse project is cute, cute, cute! My son will be so happy to hear about your Mac plans. :) Thank you for sharing your "Creative Journey" with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is "it's about time!"!! You have poured so much time and energy into your dinosaur computer...it is time to pass it on to Jamie and get a new one for yourself! You will be SO happy! Then they will have worked the kinks out of the first iPad version and have a new one out, so it is a win-win situation! ha! Glad to hear your clearance sale was a success! I must say, I've been LOVIN' my new computer. Worth the money for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting blog. I enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com