12 Tags of Christmas - #3


Getting a late start tonight on my Tag #3 inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, and I'm super tired so I will be keeping it short tonight.

Here's Tim's tag #3...



If you go to his blog, you'll see how he uses tissue tape on his grungeboard bird and more tissue tape to make the flower rosette in the lower right corner.  Be sure to click on Tag #3 in the right hand column of his blog page.

Now, here's my "tag"...


You'll notice right away that I have veered quite a bit from Tim's design this time. Since I made my Tag #2 a green one and my "tags" are going to be pennants in a row on a banner, I didn't want the same color scheme side-by-side. And since I don't have the bird die that he used, I had to stamp one instead.



But I still wanted to try using his tissue tape, of which I have several different rolls and haven't opened any of them yet. So I covered my "tag" entirely with the tissue tape, flipped over the tag and trimmed off all the excess. This will now serve as my background. I used Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, plus a little Forest Moss distress inks over the top.



Back to the cardinal. I used this great stamp called "Harmony" from Close To My Heart for the bird and the nest. I rubbed some Distress Stickles (Rock Candy) over the top. In the background, I didn't have Tim's tree branch stamp so I substituted this branch-like flourish from "Adorn-able" (also CTMH) and added some Black Diamond Stickles to make it stand out.



Since I used so much tissue tape on the background already, I opted to make my flower/rosette from black organdy ribbon instead. (Excuse my dirty, hacked-up fingers...) You've probably seen this simple ribbon technique before. I did a quick basting stitch of black thread along on long end of the ribbon, then ...



pulled and gathered so that it curled up into a flower shape.



I added an old button in the center with hot glue. After that cooled, I remembered yesterday's happy accident with organdy ribbon and the heat gun and heated this flower up a little here and there until it scrunched up nicely. (I didn't get a photo of that.)






Here's another look at my tag. Quite a different twist, wouldn't you say? Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I'm looking forward to making my final three tags I have left. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. I absolutely love your pendants. So glad I found you and your art. Where did you get the two-layered pendants? Thanks for sharing. You are so very talented. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I can't wait to see the whole bannner together it is going to be gorgeous. Don't put it away before Jan class, want to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Fabulous!!!! I love the way you used his tissue tape and mixed CTMH stamps with it!!! I love that bird....awesome ribbon flower.

    Denise-I believe it's a Maya Road Banner Chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 12 tags are really coming together nicely. Watch out Tim, here comes Annette Green!!! Love the ribbon flower, I'm gonna have to use that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Peggylee, for the info. I'll check out Maya Road. :D Just love Annette's pennants...not pendants. :}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com