Blog Hop/Mojo Combo

It's a combo deal today, bloggers, with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge and the Close To My Heart March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.

This month's blog hop includes over 50 consultants' designs using the "Sensational Season" Stamp of the Month stamp set. What a great way to see the versatility of this adorable set. You can view all the images in this set in the right column of my blog.

Now on to the hop! If you're already hopping, you've come here from Lori Brown's blog. To see where to go next, just scroll through my post to the end, leave a comment (I love those!) and then click on the link.

Here's the Mojo Monday sketch this week...














I chose the square version for my card...


Rather than color in the rabbit image fully with markers, I opted for paper-piecing. I used Close To My Heart's Mayberry papers which work perfectly with the apron, dress and bow on her package. (The blue checked paper in the background is from an older pack called Twitterpated.  Love that name.)


Here's a close-up look at that paper-piecing...


Then I followed up with markers for the rabbit, using Vanilla Cream and Parchment, plus a little Baby Pink for her ears.



The ribbon in the background appears to be wide gingham but is actually two pieces of Blush gingham (the same as the bow) butted together and covered with the Blush ric-rac. (Blush ribbon collection is now retired, sadly.) The flower is is from the Spring Blossom collection of paper flowers which I sponged color over to coordinate with the card.



To finish off the card, I stamped the basket and eggs and colored them with markers.


I was enjoying this stamp set so much, I just had to make something else. I thought I'd go in the direction of "Baby" rather than Easter for my next design.



I decided on a tag, which might be nice attached to a baby gift. I just love this sweet little bunny on this one. I utilized Close To My Heart's new Kraft cardstock and borders, along with the new Polka Dot Alphabet and Sweet Leaf 1-inch wide stitched grosgrain ribbon.



I wanted to keep on going, but someone was sleeping on my paper pack on the floor...


and I just didn't have the heart to wake her, she looked so sweet and content there.


Thanks for stopping by. As always, all Close To My Heart products listed are available to order here. I appreciate comments if you liked what you saw. Now keep on hopping and check out what Carla Ironside has dreamed up with her Stamp of the Month.



Comments

  1. Luv your card and tag Annette....Paper piecing is so fun, also love to mask these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Love the paper piecing on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job on both of your projects. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your cards, but I especially like the baby one...I'm off to buy some of that bulk sweet leaf ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both! At least your artwork didn't put me to sleep! LOL! Cute doggie pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your projects are very inspirational! We also have a Sheltie (Max) and he lays by my feet just like yours when I sit at the computer (like right now).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annette, these are both rather FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the paper and stamps together!! adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, these are fantastic! The rabbit on the card looks darling & that border punch is a perfect choice! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your cards. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Annette! I can sympathize with the dog laying on the paper packet. So sweet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing! Love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My!!!
    Both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects as always! You totally nailed the Mojo sketch, and that baby tag is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the idea of using it for a Baby card! And...the trellis idea sets off Mama Bunny.

    Too funny about your "helper"...when I craft, my kitties steal my ribbons. I can't put anything on the floor, my Beagle puppy (ok, she's 3 years old) would run off with it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable - love that bunny ..

    ~ Jacqueline (Made by Jacqueline)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous on both cards!!! thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are incredibly creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com