Final Compendium Challenge - A Very Special Birthday Card

The final Compendium of Curiosities challenge over at Studio L3 is a very special one. Make a birthday card for Tim Holtz using any one of his techniques from either volume of the Compendium books. Well, of course, I had to jump on this one!

I flipped through Volume II and found the Alcohol Ink Resist technique on page 59 and knew this was the one. So I grabbed a plastic packaging box from a Sizzix Texture Fade and cut it down to size for a 5 x 7 card. Then I got to work with alcohol inks. Details below.



Here's the card completed. I tried very hard not to get too freaked out worrying over what Tim would think of this and focused on the pleasure of creating.



Alcohol inks on the packaging plastic, then the Alcohol Ink Resist technique.



This is the stamp I used for the resist.



I cut a piece of paper from the Crowded Attic paper stash, distressed the edges and inked them with Vintage Photo then Walnut Stain. This will go behind the plastic and show through slightly.



This may look blurry, but it actually sort of floats. I stamped the image with Black Staz-On onto the front side of the plastic piece. 



Everyday, know in your heart you are loved. Couldn't say it any better than this. Tim inspires me every day and I love that guy for it!



In the end, I decided to add these letter tiles for not only personalization but for some added color and dimension.


Be sure to hop over to Studio L3 and check out all the other cards submitted for Tim's birthday. You can also submit your own if you like. Just be sure to post it by January 7th, Tim's birthday!


Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Annette, your art is always fab, but this is just exceptional! It's just perfect for TIm-- it looks like something he'd make, actually, but it still has your own special touch. He'll love it. I know I do!

    Thanks so much for being part of the CC2 Challenge!!!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Annette, that is one gorgeous card! Tim will love it, no doubt whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we all get nervous creating a birthday card for Tim??? This is so cool and I just know the King of Cool will adore this! Love that background and all the layers, so perfect! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I love the effect of this technique but haven't managed a good one yet. Yours is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Annette, what a SPECTACULAR card. I especially love the clear layer and how it fits with everything else.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect card, Annette! Tim's gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say Hi Annette and wow..Beautiful,sure Tim would looove it!
    Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fantastic! I love all the layers and elements you used. I am definitely going to play with recycled packaging this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annette, this card is fabulous! I love all the layers and textures. I'm inspired to try some of your ideas. Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my blog! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER is not good enough! Coolest tech use ever!!! Love the dot image and the colorful alcohol inks! The paper behind it is perfect! GORGEOUS and so COOL! He will definitely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning Annette! The resist looks amazing! Tim will adore this card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your background and all those amazing details !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am with you on thinking what would Tim say! And I am sure he is going to love this! Super techniques...they came out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card! I love the techniques you used. Love the colors and the use of the tiles to personalize it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com