Fall Card Collection - Tim Holtz style

Hello and happy Monday. Sorry for the absence last week. I was preparing for my Close To My Heart Holiday Open House all week which was this past Saturday. It was a great day and a big success. I'll be sure to post some photos from that later this week.

This month for my All Things Tim Club (Tim Holtz, of course) we'll be making fall cards. But not just any fall cards. These have techniques from Tim's Creative Chemistry 102 course and blog and are filled with paints, stains, stenciling and sanding, plus a great technique from the ever-so-creative and inspiring Linda Cain.

Here are the cards. Be sure to click on the photo to get a better look.



The first card is a Sizzix Pop-n-Cuts card using a technique from Creative Chemistry 102 called Distress Paint Marbling. I love the depth and warmth of the colors with this technique. This is my first time trying the Pop-n-Cuts, and I love them! 



And in case you don't know what Pop-n-Cuts are, they are dies that create three-dimensional pop-ups like this. You'll need a base die and an insert. Several inserts are available. I used the Suitcase insert and cut off the handle at the top.



The second card is another Pop-n-Cuts, only this time I turned the card sideways. (I failed to get a good photo of the inside of this one, sorry.) The front of the card is a mixture of techniques from the embossed and sanded background to the faux gilded leaves.



The gilded leaves technique is from Tim's blog back in 2011 at this post.



This tall card's technique focus is the bronze speckled leaves. An idea I got from Linda Cain. Here's a link to her post. I did the same treatment to the outside border of the card as well. 



That Bronze Utee is amazing stuff!



Most of the sentiment stamps are from Close To My Heart and everything else is Tim Holtz. 



The fourth card begins with a big giant tag (Ranger #12 size) and incorporates another tag on the cover (#8 size) using a Stencil Stamping technique. I'll take you through this one…



Score a #12 tag at 5 inches. Ink distress the perimeter with Vintage Photo and then Walnut Stain on the outer edges.



Cut pieces for your card front from Kraft Core card stock. Sand to distress.



Cut a #8 manila tag at 4 1/2 inches, then ink distress with various fall colors, leaving it bright and not too dark.



Lay a stencil over it and swirl Vintage Photo across the whole thing.



Place the stencil back down on the tag. Ink up a detail stamp with black archival ink and stamp right over the stencil. A small detail image works best here so you can get a little into each of the openings of the stencil. Ink the outer edges of the tag with Walnut Stain. 



Then it's just a matter of assembly. I added a bit of metal embellishment for added texture.



Thanks for stopping by today. It's always fun to share what I've learned with you. I hope you'll try some new techniques on your next card.


Comments

  1. Beautiful cards. I especially love the bronze speckled leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Everything is gorgeous. Love all of the beautiful detail and the rich, warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! I am working on some Thanksgiving cards and this is great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com