Halloween Weekend Recap

Hello everyone and happy Monday. (Some of you might ask, "Is there such a thing?") It's been a fun-filled and busy weekend here and I thought I'd share some of with you.

Halloween is always my favorite holiday and the feeling doesn't ever seem to die (uh, sorry) over the years. You'd think I'd outgrow it, but I just don't. I love it too much. The house gets transformed, we dress up, and we make lots of fun foods. This year, Jamie had a small get-together with her friends for Halloween so we spent a lot of great mother/daughter time making goodies together.


Molded chocolates are easy and fun.


Decorated chocolate sugar cookies. We kept it simple with the designs this year.


Chubby witch fingers made from Pillsbury bread dough and plan whole almonds for fingernails.

We also made mummy dogs (hotdogs wrapped in bread dough), popcorn/candy corn balls, flatbread shapes with pizza dipping sauce, but I failed to get a photo of everything.



Jamie and her buds watched scary movies and played games. And ate, of course.




Meanwhile, Paul and I went to a Halloween party of our own. Just a couple of zombies in Halloween costumes. These M&M costumes got resurrected from the attic. We first wore them when Jamie was 3 years old and was a blue M&M, her favorite. 


Getting into character. 


Looking good, eh?


And of course, there were many Halloween crafts this year. I've posted most of them already, but these were some quick treat bags I made with the We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board and Graphic 45's Rare Oddities papers.


Then Sunday came and it's November already. This Florida girl would never believe it if she didn't turn the calendar page. It's so warm here still and muggy! Icky.


It was a big clean-up job for Jamie from the Halloween party, but she did a fantastic job. Sunday morning was spent setting up for my afternoon Fall card class, which included moving most of the living room furniture out to the back porch. This is one of my most popular classes each Fall. I had a house full of ladies creating together and we had a great time.



Several of the cards involved veining and cupping leaves using Susan's Garden Tool Set and her lovely dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.


Here's another look at the cards we made. I just love Graphic 45's Botanicabella collection, don't you?


Well, today I would've like to rest, but there's so much coming up, there simply is no time for that! I'm working on a fun journal spread that I can't wait to share with you in a very special Blog Hop this Friday, so stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping in today. Have a great week!

Comments

  1. What a fun weekend love the food..brilliantly spooky. How I wished I lived your side of the pond to go to your class. Lucky ladies. Happy week Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, zombies in costumes! Fun stuff. Looks like everyone had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cannolis girlfriend!!
    What an fun fill everything packed in one ghoulishly delicious post! Phew!
    Great journal spread- I really love the manila look as well, the arrangement you chose is so soft and pretty. I choose Happy as well! Great new products to check out!
    As for the costumes-fun fun!And the selfies,you look like you were dying(hahaa)to have a new makeover! Sorry had to pun a pun! heehee
    Great post Annette! as always!
    Hugs,Jackie")

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com